About Me

My photo
I'm a person who has a taste for the best things in life and this is my blog. I travel through the Internet and my blog is about everything and anything that I find on the Internet that I think is cool, amazing, and DIFFERENT. Check out my blog and get inspired ;) Happy reading!

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Little Girl Can't Let Go as Sergeant Daddy Leaves for Iraq


This photo was taken a few years back.  I just saw it again this morning and thought I would share it with you guys.

When I look at this picture, it just crushes my heart to know that little girls and boys suffer from being apart from their parents at such a young age because of the war that's going on in Iraq. And to think that this "War Against Terror" (Or is it really?) is suppose to make this world a safer place to live in, it seems not so for children like her.

Paige Bennethum, 4 years old, holds her daddy's hand as he lines up for formation before heading to Iraq.   Some things are not just allowed when soldiers go to formation, one of them are four-year old girls. However, there was no soldier stern enough to pry Paige from her daddy as he prepares to leave for Iraq for a year-long deployment.  Her mother, Abby Bennethum, captured her daughter's emotions for her father in a photograph.  Abby immediately passed it to The Reading Eagle, the newspaper in Berks County and immediately captured a lot of people's emotions.

1 comment:

  1. nakaka-iiyak :( nmiss ko tuloy ang papa ko.

    ReplyDelete